USTACH MIDDLE SCHOOL
Home of the Kodiaks
NEWS AND INFORMATION
PARENTS! NEW!! 8th Grade Parent Presentation!
- Next week is Red Ribbon Week and here at Ustach we are going to celebrate it Kodiak style. This year our theme is: Life is a journey, travel drug free!
- On Monday our spirit day will be: Take a journey into your dreams...Pajama Day. We will also be doing a lunchtime activity and making our drug free pledges in first period.
- On Tuesday our spirit day will be: Take a journey through time...Decades Day. 6th graders will wear their 60's attire, 7th grade will wear their 70's attire and 8th grade will wear their 80's attire. We will have music at lunch honoring these decades.
- On Wednesday our spirit day will be: Take a journey together...Unity Day. We will all wear orange to celebrate our unity as a Kodiak Family. We will have a lunchtime scavenger hunt for all students.
- On Thursday our spirit day will be: Take a journey to paradise...Beach Day. We will be having a lunchtime activity and wrap up our door decorating.
- On Friday our spirit day will be: Take a journey to the wild west...Harvest/western Day. We will be concluding the week with our annual fall dance from 3:15-4:45 PM. Tickets will go on sale on Monday at both lunches for $4 and be sold through Thursday. Tickets will also be sold at the door on the day of the dance for $5. Make sure you are not on the ineligibility list.
You can still order FALL SPORTS pictures on the link below. http://bncimages.hhimagehost.com/UstachMiddleSchoolFallSPORTSPreORDERS
CHECK OUT OUR DIGITAL MEDIA CLASS!
PTSA - We still need parents to be part of our PTSA! Please Join Us!!
BUY YOUR YEARBOOK! Before the price goes up! Parents, you can put a special message in the yearbook, too!
EARLY DISMISSAL EVERY WEDNESDAY @ 1:40 p.m.
Science Olympiad meets every Thursday w/Mr. Zambo
Check our MUSIC Page for all Music dates.
Oct 22-26 - Red Ribbon Week
Oct 25 - PTSA meeting 7:30am Rm 42
Oct 26 - Spirit Dance 3:15-4:45pm
Nov 2 - Trimester 1 ENDS, grades mailed home next week
Nov 5 - Trimester 2 BEGINS
Nov 12 - Veteran's Day (observed) - No School - THANK A VETERAN!!
Nov 22-23 - Thanksgiving Holiday - No School, Office closed
Nov 29 - PTSA meeting 7:30am Rm 42
Nov 30 - Renaissance Rally
Dec 4-6 - 8th grade girls MVAL basketball tournament @ Ustach
Dec 7 - WEB Social 3-5pm - Gym
Dec 11 - Cyberbullying/Cell Phone Awareness for Parents 5:30-7:30pm
Dec 13 - Winter Christmas Concert 7pm - Gym
Dec 22 - Winter Break Begins - No School
Jan 11 - Winter Break Ends
Jan 14 - School Begins
Jan 18 - Winter Dance 7th/8th grade 6-8pm - Gym
Jan 21 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
Jan 24 - Movie Night 5pm - Gym
Jan 29-31 - 6th grade Parent-Teacher Conferences, early release at 1:40pm for 6th graders only, Wednesday is everyone @ 1:40pm
Jan 31 - PTSA meeting 7:30am Rm 42
Feb 5 - Winter Concert 3-8pm, Gym
Feb 11 - Lincoln's Birthday - No School
Feb 18 - President's Day - No School
Feb 28 - PTSA meeting 7:30am Rm 42
Mar 1 - Trimester 2 ENDS, Grades mailed home next week.
Mar 4 - Trimester 3 BEGINS
Mar 7 - Choir Concert 7pm - Gym
Mar 25-29 - Spring Break Week - No School
April 5 - Renaissance Rally - Gym
April 17 - Movie Night 5pm - Gym
April 19 - Good Friday - No School
April 25 - Open House
April 25 - PTSA meeting 7:30am Rm 42
May 10 - 8th grade trip
May 17 - 8th grade Dance
May 24 - Last Day of School
May 24 - Promotion Ceremony 6pm