PROMOTION CEREMONY REQUIREMENTS
- Achieve a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 for 6th-8th grades
- Pass all required courses for 8th grade: 2 academic points per subject (D or better in 2 trimesters)
- Zero incidences of truancy
- No more than one (1) “U” Unsatisfactory citizenship mark
- No Debts owed to the school
- Pass the 7th grade Minimum Proficiency tests
We try not refer to our 8th graders leaving us a "graduation" but rather "promotion." "Graduation" refers to an ending of education, but we know they will be continuing their education with a "promotion" to high school.
Want to graduate with honors?
You must be a member of CJSF all through 7th and 8th grade starting after the first trimester of 7th grade. Honor Society is your first step...CJSF is the same criterion.