- We encourage all students to listen to morning announcements for information on ALL Ustach activities.
- You must have a completed sports packet or try-out permission slip before you can participate in any after school sport. You can get a packet from the Athletic Director or print one from below.
- Most teams have a try-out process to make the team. Tryouts may be closed to all, except athletes. Coaches have final decision on who and how many athletes make a team.
- There is no cost to play sports at a public school in California, however athletes may be asked for donations, fundraising, or to purchase optional team clothing.
- Please remember, playing time is not promised or guaranteed for any player. All playing time and positioning is the coach's decision. We encourage athletes to ask their coaches how they can EARN more playing time.
- SPORTS ENTRANCE for families and spectators after school is located near the gym on BEAR CUB LANE on the East side of campus.
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR - Mr. Brian Ferguson - Room 96 - email@example.com
2018-2019 School Year
Congratulations to the 8th grade girls volleyball team for their regular season Championship and 2nd place finish in the MVAL tournament.
Congratulations to the Flag Football team for the 3rd straight MVAL championship.
Congratulations to the 7th grade girls volleyball team for their 4th place finish in the MVAL tournament.
Congratulations to the Ustach Cross Country team for winning the Sylvan Cup!
Sports Seasons: (approximate)
August to October; Flag Football 6-8 grade co-ed (1 team), Volleyball Girls' 6th, 7th, and 8th grade (3 teams), Soccer 6-8 grade co-ed (1 team), Cross Country* 6-8th grade co-ed (no cuts, 1 team)
October to November; Volleyball 6-8 grade Boys' (1 team)
October to December; Basketball Girls' 6th, 7th, 8th grade (3 teams),
December to February; Basketball Boys' 6th (Jan), 7th, 8th grade (3 teams)
January to March; Wrestling 6-8 grade Co-ed (no cuts, 1 team), several competitions take place on Saturdays.
February to April; Softball 6-8 grade Girls' (3 teams) 6th grade season is upon completion of 7/8 grade season, 6th graders may be asked to tryout for 7th grade if there is a low number of 7/8 graders.
March to May; Track and Field** 6th-8th Co-ed (no cuts, 1 team), 6th graders compete as 7th graders at meets.
*Cross Country: athletes run approx. 2 miles over a course laid out by coaches. Practices may be shorter or longer than 2 miles.
**Track & Field Events: hurdles, 4X100 meter relay, 1600, 400, 100, 800, 200, 4X400 meter relay. Field: long jump, triple jump, high jump, discus, shot put