- We encourage all students to listen to morning announcements for information on ALL Ustach activities.
- Participation in athletics, by their very nature, pose the potential risk of serious injury to individuals who participate. Some of the injuries include, but are not limited to: sprains/strains, cuts/abrasions, head/neck/spine injuries, loss of eyesight, fractured bones, unconsciousness, loss of teeth or dental problems, and/or death.
- Participation is voluntary and is not required by the school for credit or graduation requirements.
- You must have a completed sports packet or try-out permission slip before you can participate in any after school sport. You can get a packet from the Athletic Director or print one from below.
- Most teams have a tryout process to make the team. Tryouts may be closed to all, except athletes. Coaches have final decision on who and how many athletes make a team.
- There is no cost to play sports at a public school in California, however athletes may be asked for donations, fundraising, or to purchase optional team clothing.
- Please remember, playing time is not promised or guaranteed for any player. All playing time and positioning is the coach's decision. We encourage athletes to ask their coaches how they can EARN more playing time.
- SPORTS ENTRANCE for families and spectators after school is located near the gym on BEAR CUB LANE on the East side of campus.
For more information, contact the school Athletic Director
Sports Seasons: (approximate)
August to October; Flag Football 6-8 grade co-ed (1 team), Volleyball Girls' 6th, 7th, and 8th grade (3 teams), Soccer 6-8 grade co-ed (1 team), Cross Country* 6-8th grade co-ed (no cuts, 1 team)
October to December; Basketball Girls' 6th, 7th, 8th grade (3 teams),
December to February; Basketball Boys' 6th (Jan), 7th, 8th grade (3 teams)
January to March; Wrestling 6-8 grade Co-ed (no cuts, 1 team), several competitions take place on Saturdays.
(SUSPENDED) February to April; Softball 6-8 grade Girls' (3 teams) 6th grade season is upon completion of 7/8 grade season, 6th graders may be asked to tryout for 7th grade if there is a low number of 7/8 graders.
February to March; Volleyball 6-8 grade Boys' (1 team)
March to May; Track and Field** 6th-8th Co-ed (no cuts, 1 team), 6th graders compete as 7th graders at meets.
*Cross Country: athletes run approx. 2 miles over a course laid out by coaches. Practices may be shorter or longer than 2 miles.
**Track & Field Events: hurdles, 4X100 meter relay, 1600, 400, 100, 800, 200, 4X400 meter relay. Field: long jump, triple jump, high jump, discus, shot put
Ustach Middle School provides 12 teams for girls only, 7 teams for boys only, and 3 teams for boys and girls in which to participate.