About Our School
ELIZABETH J. USTACH MIDDLE SCHOOL
2701 Kodiak Drive
Modesto, CA 95355
Phone (209) 552-3000
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Elizabeth J. Ustach Middle School is named for long-time Sylvan teacher, Elizabeth (Betty) Ustach. The campus, opened in 1993, is located on 17.2 acres in east Modesto in a neighborhood outlined by Oakdale Road, Roselle Ave, Sylvan Ave, and Floyd Ave, servicing over 1000 students in grades 6, 7, 8 from the immediate area, as well as middle school students from part of the town of Riverbank.
The comprehensive middle school has programs in the core subjects of Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies(history), Physical Education, and Special Education. It offers an extensive Electives class list including Leadership, Computers (various classes), Digital Media, Yearbook, Art, Woodshop, NASA B.E.S.T., Nutrition, and Music.
Ustach also offers many after-school or lunchtime clubs and sports for student involvement, including ASB, Renaissance, CJSF, Honor Society, and several sports teams. Students compete in several Stanislaus County Office of Education academic programs, such as Academic Pentathlon, Math Super Bowl, Science Olympiad, PhastJV, and Spelling Bee, and come away with many awards each year.
6th grade students attend Foothill Horizons Outdoor School for several days annually.
Ustach Middle School was awarded California Distinguished School in 2001 and 2009.
• We believe that it is our daily mission to promote, support, and model exemplary citizenship inside and outside the classroom in order to promote unity and a valued sense of community which leads to student achievement.
• We believe that all students can, with motivation and structured assistance, master content standards.
• We are committed to providing high-quality education for all students in order for them to master grade level core academic standards in a mutually respectful and professional collaborative learning community.
• We believe that all students can be academically successful with the assistance of their family and our faculty towards excellence. We believe every student can and wants to be successful.
• We believe that every student can be successful, and we must create interventions and support structures to eliminate the opportunity for failure. By all of us working collaboratively we can ensure that every student will be academically successful.