Kodiak Code Video Contest
Kodiak Code Video Contest
If you are interested in creating videos, here is your chance to showcase your talents. Ustach is asking for all videographers to create a two minute video that shares our Kodiak Code.
The top three videos will be recognized and celebrated! All producers will be recognized at the May SUSD School Board Meeting and the winning video will be shown.
Rules and Guidelines
● All entries must be a digital video.
● Each entry must focus on at least ONE of following Kodiak Code Elements:
○ Be Responsible
○ Be Respectful
○ Be Honest
○ Think: Before you Act
○ Think Kodiak Pride
● Students may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals. Entry Form
● The length of the video should not exceed 120 seconds (two minutes), not including the 10 second title screen (see #5).
● All entries should begin with a 10 second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information:
○ Producer’s name
○ Title of video
○ Total running time (not including the 10 second title screen)
● All information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification. All entries must submit a list of your sources, properly Actor Release Form
● Each video must have one Lead Producer to serve as the main point of contact. Recognition and prizes will be given to all producers listed on the entry form.
● There is no entry fee.
● Entries may be saved to your google drive and shared with email@example.com starting on March 7, 2018. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm on Thursday, March 15, 2018. Winners will be announced no later than Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
● All entries must be submitted in digital format.
● No professional assistance is allowed. Adults may assist with production but are limited to verbal guidance only. Adults are allowed to be actors or cameramen but not content contributors.
● All entries will need to have Parent Permission form Permission Form and Actor Release form(s)
● Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; or 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by Ustach Middle School
● The judges’ decision is final. Entries will be judged on the elements of the Kodiak Code.
● All entries must be submitted in English, if entries are not in English they must include English subtitles.
Forms are available for download for MS Word below.