Social Services & Community Events
For information on how to get connected to services within our community, please see below or contact a School Counselor.
Upcoming Community Events:
We have a new program to assist families who have difficulty making appointments for their child to get eye exam and glasses prescribed.This is offered at no cost to all our students. Per state mandate we perform vision screening for all K, 2nd, 5th, and 8th grade students. We also screen all students who are receiving special ed services. Any student who fails the vision screening will receive a referral and a consent form for Vision To Learn to visit them at school.
What they will do:
- come to school site to see students with their mobile van
- an optometrist will perform a complete eye exam
- if student needs glasses they will be able to choose a frame and be fitted for new glasses
- in 2-3 weeks the new glasses will be delivered to the school
- THIS IS FREE!!!!
What the School Nurse will do:
- Send home consent forms for students who fail vision exam at school.
- Contact Vision to Learn and arrange visits.
- Notify parent when students new glasses arrive at school.
What you need to do:
- Return consent form to school nurse
- If your grade is not part of the mandated screening and you have a student that would benefit from this program, let your school nurse know right away.
You can get more info by visiting their website at www.visiontolearn.org
Community Resources for Families
Basic needs: Food, Shelter, Clothing
Help with Utility Bills & Rent
Tutoring, Child Care, & More
Call 211 or 1-877-211-7826
Parent Resource Center
Mental Health Services
Health Insurance Enrollment
Call 209-549-8193 or go to prcfamilies.org
Public Health Services